Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bristol Palin, Mark Ballas Paired For 'Dancing With The Stars'

Palin will compete alongside Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino and 'The Hills' star Audrina Patridge this season.By Jocelyn Vena





Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas on "Good Morning America" Tuesday

Photo: ABC




After lots of rumors and speculation, "Dancing With The Stars" fans learned Monday (August 30) that the likes of "Hills" star Audrina Patridge, "Jersey Shore" star The Situation and David Hasselhoff would compete on the next season of ABC's hit. On Tuesday, Bristol Palin appeared on "Good Morning America" to talk about competing for the show's coveted mirror-ball trophy.

Palin, who will dance with two-time champ Mark Ballas, said that she agreed to do the show because she was looking to try something new. "I was excited to jump on board and be a part of something that was positive and fun, leave the drama behind and get out of there for a while and be in California," she said. She did let her parents — one of whom is 2008 Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin — know about her new venture before it was announced. "I gave [my parents] a little bit of a heads-up, like, 'Hey, Mom! I signed a contract with 'Dancing with The Stars.' "
Palin is looking forward to showing off a new side of herself. "I want people to see this side of me and my work ethic and see my personality," she explained. "We're starting from scratch. I'm really looking forward to getting outside of that box and doing something new. I am trying to coordinate myself and get some rhythm and stuff ... it's gonna be an awesome experience. Hard work is definitely going to have to be put into it. I want to have fun and, like I said, step outside my comfort zone."
Ballas had no doubt that he would eventually "pull out her dancing demon and get her going," and he added that the two are still introducing themselves to one another. "I think you have to get to know each other as quickly as you can and learn about your partner cause everyone is different and everyone has different learning curves," he said. "You have a few weeks to train ... the main thing is to focus on yourself and make sure you're happy with what you're doing."
More couples will be announced on Wednesday on "Good Morning America." The new season of "Dancing With The Stars" kicks off September 20.



Related Photos


'Dancing With The Stars' Season 11 Cast Revealed!

Claudette Ortiz Coco Lee Connie Nielsen Cristina Dumitru

No comments:

Post a Comment