Sunday, December 26, 2010

Bret Michaels Has No Regrets About Getting Engaged

Bret Michaels Has No Regrets About Getting Engaged

Bret Michaels, 47, has never been the marrying type -- he's never even been engaged. So now that he's proposed to Kristi Gibson, his on-and-off girlfriend of 16 years, is the rocker getting cold feet? Nope -- he's flat-out thrilled.

"It feels awesome," Michaels told People after popping the question on the finale of his VH1 reality series Bret Michaels: Life As I Know It. "(The proposal) was as real and sincere as it gets, and I feel absolutely great."

Life As I Know It chronicled a few months in the home life of Michaels, Gibson, and their adorable daughters Raine (10) and Jorja (5). The whole show seemed to be building up to a proposal on the couple's anniversary, but Michaels couldn't bring himself to do it at the picture-perfect moment.

"I wasn't ready there because I felt really strange," he says of their anniversary dinner date. "It would've been like, I'm in the middle of proposing and oh, by the way, there's a Cobb salad coming."

Instead, the somewhat hesitant proposal came weeks later, while the couple discussed the status of their relationship on a sofa in their Arizona house. (Watch the video below!)


"In my mind, it wasn't supposed to happen like that," Michaels admits. "I wanted it to be a little more like the movies, where the white horse gallops up and all that stuff. But when Kristi said, 'I don't need this ring, I don't need the piece of paper, I love you no matter what,' she took the pressure off. She used reverse psychology on me and it worked!"

There is, however, one thing that Michaels is still dragging his feet on: setting a wedding date.

"It may be the longest engagement in history," he tells People, "but my intentions are good."

Do you think Bret Michaels will actually go through with the wedding? Chime in below!

 

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/bret-michaels-has-no-regrets-about-getting-engaged/1-a-308670

Charlies Angels Charlize Theron Chelsea Handler Cheryl Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment