Wednesday, October 20, 2010

50 Cent, Soulja Boy Reveal Mutual Admiration In XXL

'If I had the wish to be another artist ... it would be Soulja Boy,' Fif says.
By Hillary Crosley


50 Cent and Soulja Boy Tell'em on the cover of <i>XXL</i>
Photo: Harris Publications

50 Cent and Soulja Boy Tell'em might seem like an unlikely pair but the two appear on the cover of XXL magazine's November issue — even if you can't quite see Fif's face.

"I'm more comfortable in a space where people are doubting me than when I'm the favorite," 50, who dons a white mask for the cover, told the mag. "They doubted me before. Obviously, I was the only crazy person that believed in me at one point."

Meanwhile, Soulja Boy, who recently endured rumors about alleged drug use, said he's still trying to navigate the music-industry ropes, despite his status as a rap prodigy in some circles.

"I'm still learning," Soulja Boy said. "I've been through a lot this year, and it's nothing I expected. I just wanna rap, and I wake up and have some sh-- on me, out the blue, every single day. But, really, all it does is feed my ego."

So why does 20-year-old Soulja relate his struggle to that of Queens' finest?

"Being black with money, from the 'hood, struggles and coming from nothing to something, of course you're going to share the common struggles," the young MC said. "You going to have people hate. You going to have people that change on you, and all that. So of course, watching 50, and him going through what he did — if there wasn't no 50 Cent, there would be no Soulja Boy."

The admiration is mutual.

"If I had the wish to be another artist, just for right now, it would be Soulja Boy," 50 revealed.

While word of a 50/Soulja collabo hasn't surfaced yet, 50 Cent may have a collaboration with former rival Kanye West, according to G-Unit's Lloyd Banks. One can only hope for a truly G.O.O.D. Friday.

Are you surprised that 50 and Soulja Boy are fans of each other's work? Tell us in the comments!

Related Artists

Diane Kruger Dido Diora Baird Dita Von Teese

No comments:

Post a Comment